What a week. I will save you from all the crazy details and just get you up to speed. I was hoping today I would have some answers, but after spending 3 hours at the hospital this morning, I left not knowing any more than when we had arrived. They tried to do some testing, but the way the baby is positioned they can't. Well, technically they could, but it's too risky. So we wait 3 more weeks and we'll try again.
The good news is I stopped spotting, but the bad news is that I tested positive for Trisomy 18 chromosomal disorder. I'm at a VERY high risk. VERY HIGH. Of course, I also spent some time on the intranet searching for more info and also found this:
“[women with significantly low levels of this protein] were significantly more likely to experience fetal loss at less than or equal to 24 weeks, low birth weight, preeclampsia, gestational hypertension, preterm birth and stillbirth, preterm premature rupture of membranes, and placental abruption."
Again, it's one of those things that is out of my control. I can't change what I eat or how much I exercise to alter the outcome. I'm not sleeping through the night, as you can imagine. I worry during the day, but when darkness comes, and I'm alone surrounded by it and the silence, it's the worst for me. All we can do is wait. Every cramp has me worried.
I'll keep you updated. And thanks for the lovely comments. I really would have never made it this far without all of your shared and kind words. Whether it's reading your blogs everyday, or dear Joonie, who is always there, this journey hasn't been as lonely. Thanks to you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jill, Sweetie, I am so profoundly sorry that you have to go through all this! I'm still holding out hope for you. Trisomy 18 is devastating. But, you know, high risk doesn't mean definite. I hope and pray that this time odds work out in your favor and you get the healthy baby that you truly deserve.
Thinking of you,
Joonie
I've been checking back every day for an update, and how sorry I am to read this. It's awful that you're going through this. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you much luck and clear answers ASAP.
Post a Comment