It's been way too long since my last post. Our world is on super fast-forward it seems now. There are 2 little ones in our home and I can't believe how lucky I am. I have two of the most beautifully sweet and tender children.
My dear B,
You have grown at rocket speed. You are so ahead of the curve it makes us a bit nervous. Your vocabulary has exploded. At your 18 month check-up with the pediatrician no one could believe how much you were talking and the things you were doing already. I had no idea, you are just my guy. I've had nothing to compare you to. You don't go to daycare. You're my first born. You'd amaze me no matter what you did. But to hear the amazement from the doc and the nurses really made me wonder what I need to be doing to make sure you stay engaged and challenged. You speak in full sentences and have for quite sometime. You know your letters and sing the alphabet song. You love to count. Your imagination is growing all of the time. I love how you pretend to make pizza and coffee all of the time. You LOVE the moon. We look for it everyday. We take you at night to see it when its visible, and you always spot it during the day when it's still out. I don't know how you can find it mixed up in the sky with the clouds but you always do.
You love your new little sister. You kiss her and hug(strangle) her all of the time. You want to share your toys with her and play with her. You ask her to dance with you and you "talk" her language with her. Ah-goo, M, Ahgoo! First thing in the morning after we snuggle you climb over me nad wsay M is awake! Even if she's still asleep, you want to engage with her right away.
You are dear and sweet and kind, my boy. You will only let me put you to bed. About 2 weeks before M was bon you suddenly became very attached to me. Like you knew it was all going to change. And to be honest I was glad about it, I wanted every last minute with you because I knew I would be busy with your new sister. And honestly now, I am still glad I get that special one on one time with you. When you go to sleep at night you talk all about the important things that happened in your day. You replay it all out and I love to hear it as you decompress. I feel like you let me right into your thoughts. I love it.
Last night was Halloween and you were so tired you didn't chat about anything, you were so tired. You laid down and said thank you, thank you thank you. II'm not sure if you were thanking me or replaying the thank yous you said to the poeple that gave you candy at their dorrs. I said, You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome. You said back thank you- yoou'r welcome... and drifted off to sleep. You still put your hand down my shirt when you need comfort and when you drift off. It's a tender little connection you still have with me and I know one day you won't need that comfort or reassurance at all. I'll miss it.
There are so many things to write about because I have't written for so long. I'll add more tomorrow and try to get caught up and be better about writing.
Right now, though, I just want to say how much I adore you. I couldnt have hoped for anything more, my dear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment