marlowe you are one determined little girl. Last week, i think it was thursday you started rocking back and forth on your hands and knees. i couldn't believe you were up and ready to go. and once you did it, that is ALL you wanted to do. i was trying to pack things up for our trip into des moines, i had you on a blanket in the family room. i came back into check on you and you were gone--you had scooted your way back a few feet and were under the christmas tree. i'm in trouble now. anyday now i know you will be crawling fast as you can across the floor then it will be no time until you are running full steam daring b to catch you. you, my dear, are no longer that itty bitty baby. you are such a happy little girl and bring so much joy to our lives. you have this incredible infectious smile that lights up a room in an instant. your big brown eyes with long lashes has everyone oogling over you. you are a sweet one.
we have been trying to get you started on solids, but you seem like maybe you'd rather wait. either that or you just want something besides rice cereal. I can't seem to remember how I introduced everything to B, at least not the time line of it all. I know I watied til he was about 6.5 months. Maybe you'll be ready in another week. I keep trying though.
You take really short cat naps because your big brother is a bit loud for your sleep habits, but when he's down for his afternoon naps you are starting to take advantage of the quiet and are getting a few zzz's. Come 8:00 though, you are done for the day. I could almost set my watch by it. You go down very easy. WHen it's time to go to bed you prefer to sleep right next to me. I can't out you in th co-sleeper anymore, haven't for about 2 months now, maybe 3. You are funny, if I set you down on this super soft blanket I put in there for you, you cry, but the minute I place you on the cold sheet in bed beside me you fall right to sleep. I'm getting more comfortable with you there and can sleep now, so I enjoy that closeness with you.
Slow down kiddo, you can take your time conquering this big world, I know you will do just that one day. You are driven and determined, but sweet as pie. A great combination. Love you, little one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment