WHat a wonderful time of life, watching you two becoming friends right before my eyes. Beckett you are so dear with your sister. You bring her toys and grab her hands and swing her arms like you are dancing together. You kiss and hug on M all of the time. It's so sweet to watch.
M you started really crawling fast on Friday. Our world changed in that instant. We must watch all of the time now as you take off lickety-split to get into the kitchen. I never know if you are going for the dog dish or for the music on the refrigerator that you have learned oh so quickly plays songs if you hit the buttons. You do so and then bounce on your haunches to dance. You are pleased with yourself, as you should be. Now you are already moving on to pulling yourself up. You seem more content than last week before you could scoot around. You were becoming frustrated with your inability to get somewhere fast or to stand. Now you try to pull up all of the time anywhere you can. BEck will help you, but has a tendency to then let you go. You seem to get over the thumps and bangs pretty quickly, especially if he starts babbling at you to make you laugh. Last night you grabbed my hands and pulled up to a standing position and while I sat in front of you, you took 4 steps across the floor to me. Remember when I said you were determined?? Nothing has changed, except that maybe you are more so now, if that's possible. I love to watch you as you hit new accomplishments. You are nothing short of spectacular.
Last night Beck we were cuddling with your milk before we went upstairs for bed and you I kissed you ear. You said, "You hungry, Momma?" No, I said, we just ate dinner. But you said it again, obviously wanting a different answer. "You hungry, Momma?" ANd then I got it. You wanted me to nibble on your ear. "Oh, yes, I am, " I said. I nibbled you and told you you were delicious. "I'm mashed batatoes. " You make me smile all of the time, my mashed batatoes.
Beckett you went skiing for the first time on Saturday! You seriously impressed your dad and I!! We were planning on ice skating, which we did do. daddy brought a shovel and made a rink for you on the lake again. You did SOOOO much better. You said you wanted to "do it all by myself". I was a little nervous for you, but away you went. Daddy and I took turns following behind, just in case. You waddled around all by yourself, though. What fun! Then after ahile you were done skating and I had some skiis that a freind from work gave me fo ryou in the back of my car, and with the warm weather fast approaching I decided we should try it. daddy thought I was crazy. So he didn't help me strap in your boot to the skis, and then drop you into your boots. But he did watch in amazement as you skied away!! You were the real deal!! I gave you the poles and off we went on a grand adventure across the entire lake and back!! And not in a direct path, either. You skied for about 1.5 hours. And never once whined or complained. Nope, not you. You were a trooper! BEck, you are something else, babe! All the snow has melted now, and I can actually say for the first time in any February of my life I am actually excited for the next winter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment