Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ready. Aim. Fire!

I've decided to grade Sean on his needling. I figure what's it to him, really, if he hurts me? I mean, I know he wouldn't WANT to hurt me, but really what's in it for him NOT to. Well, maybe a good grade at the end of all this would help motivate him. A grade that would reflect his shot giving ability, which by the way, I think at the beginning of all of this he felt was fantastic. Confidence is not his downfall. Another very good reason why I was so scared to hand over the needles to him. So far, this is how it's adding up:

Day 1; Right leg: A
Not only was the delivery of the needle nearly painless, but he had a highly anxious nervous nilly trying to tell him where to stick it and not look at the needle all at the same time. He pulled it all off without a hitch. I didn't even flinch.

Day 2; Left Leg: F-
Not only had he 100 % more experience with giving a shot, but I was calm cool and collected, fully confident it would be just as easy as it had been the night before. I flinched(read as jumped out of my chair) with a startling and unexpected painful jab, moaned as the medication burned a hole through my leg, and then went completely white while I waited to see whether I would pass out or vomit first. I will give Sean a higher grade on the care that followed as he treated me for shock, propped my feet up immediately and covered me with a blanket. But the F- is non-negotiable. Don't even ask about extra credit.

Day 3; Right leg: A
Happy to be back on the good side. Only a slight tinge of pain.

Day 4; Right leg: B-
After squabbling over which leg to use, I finally won the toss. I think his loss resulted in a bitter a jab.

Day 5; Left leg: D
After a day with an achy right leg that I told no one about, we didn't even disuss it, I just swabbed up the left side with alcohol and turned my head. Why the hell does the left leg hurt so bad? If there's any behavior correlation between my right leg vs. left leg and the eggs released from right ovary vs. left ovary, I do hope we get a nice amenable egg from the right ovary that wins the coin toss. Can you imagine how incorrigible the kid could be from the left? Pain in my leg to a pain in my ass.

I go in to the clinic in an hour to see where the levels stand. Other than feeling like my ovaries are 2 huge sloshy bruised balloons and finding myself with tears for no real reason last night, I feel good. Still leaps and bounds above clomid. Alas, I do hope they tell me to trigger tonight.

No comments: