Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Scaredy Cat

So we've been waiting. In the meanwhile this month we graduated to the IVF Clinic. We had our initial consult appointment on Monday. While there I also had a very early pregnancy test and the nurse was sweet. She came back into the room with the test in hand and asked if I thought I could see a very faint line? My hope can make me see anything, lady, especially a faint pink line. Honestly though, I don't think it was there. I did my first home test this morning. Negative. It seems too early still. I'm scheduled for another test tomorrow, but I'm not really due until the 16th. Are the hospital tests that much more sensitive? I really don't think I am pregnant anyway...

So we look forward to the IVF procedure. I'm hopeful again to try yet another new treatment, but can I confess I am scared of all the preparations for this one? I'm nervous nilly about the Luprolide and what that terrible drug will do to me.
I did everything I could to not go on that drug for my endo. I'm scared of the daily IM shots of Repronex, the trigger with the injectable cycles had me sore for days, I can hardly imagine daily shots. And now the added progesterone oil shots I hear can be painful. Because I have been on the suppositories I was thinking that they would continue with those, not so lucky. Let alone what all the drugs do to you emotionally and physically. How do you all get through it?? I'm so hopefully terrified, or terrifiedly hopeful?? Whichever, whatever. I'm scared. Can I get through it? Can I handle this if it's not successful? Could I brush myself off and try it again?? Did I say scared? I mean terrified.

2 comments:

A - said...

You can and WILL get through it. I promise. Don't be daunted by all the shots - they are never pleasant but they're also a constant reminder of great things to come. They're for the worthiest goal of all. The PIO shots are not nearly as bad as their reputation, so don't let them scare you. I prefer them to the suppositories! Good luck. :::hugs:::

2roads said...

Thanks for your post! I appreciate the reassurance! "Watching" you go through the stim process really helped. I felt like it was a gift to see the differences from day to day as you posted the pics. Made me feel better about not being able to button my own pants. That was just on the Follistim. I'm hoping it won't be a lot worse with IVF stim, but I'm gearing up for it, just in case. Thanks again!