Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Home, sweet, home

We're back. What an amazing trip! Italy is magical. Full of history and art and glorious architecture. The rolling hills of tuscany soothed our souls, the medieval city of Siena surprised us, the grandeur of Florence inspired us, the jagged rocky shores of Cinque Terre awed us, the mirror-like Lake Como spoke to us, the majestic Italian Alps humbled us, and Venice...just knocked our socks off! Simply an amazing trip.

We are glad to be home, though. I missed our two dear dogs, was nervous a few times about the baby. It's good to be close to my doctor again, just in case. My belly doubled in size, I swear! Who knows if it is all baby, could be the gelato, or the panne cotta, or all the decadent lunches and dinners we indulged in-OH,MY!

I missed you all and thought of you so often. I'm still trying to catch up on reading everyone's blogs. I hope you all had a good two weeks and found only good news around each corner. I can't wait to check in with all of you.
Good to be home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see some amazing pictures.

Joonie said...

Welcome home! I have missed you a lot! It's amazing I have become so attached to reading your blog and checking in with you. The two weeks that your were gone, seemed much longer than anticipated.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. That's great!

Mirabel's Parents said...

yay, so glad you had an amazing time!! looking forward to seeing your pix!