Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This just in....

Midwest woman appears to have eaten entire turkey WHOLE!!!!

Oh, wait, no, that's Jill and her PREGNANT BELLY!!! Oh, my!

Ok, seriously, it does look like I ate the whole Thanksgiving turkey in one gulp.

Had the Non-stress test (NST) again this morning and was told that we have a big show off for a baby- LOTS of movement. I already knew that. Baby's heart rate still appears to be handling things well, except for those darn drop-offs, which continue to cause alarm and remind us there is low amniotic fluid. The NST also revealed that I am still having fairly consistent contractions that caused the doc to be a little alarmed this early in the game so we checked to make sure my cervix was not dilating. Proud to say I am still a good patient and closed up ship shape tight-although things seem to be progressing and moving downward. Baby's head, too. Good job, Baby! And it appears that my uterus and cervix are just as impatient as the rest of me. Who knew?

Doc wants me to continue to take it easy. Although walking is still allowed. She is now saying hold out for one more week. If my body progresses and decides it's time for labor by next week, they will let me go ahead, but until then they will do what they can to stop the action. I don't know how long they will let me go with the low amniotic fluid and HBP, though.

Yesterday I had a bit of a high blood pressure reaction to some mild housework-or Christmas decorating, rather-Ok, I was outside hanging some Christmas lights on the house. My heart rate was elevated, my vision went blurry and then doubled, and became a little tunneled. I laid down on my left side like the book said to do, drank some water, and rested for a little bit, things began to improve. We went to the nearest pharmacy for them to check my blood pressure to determine if we should go to the ER, but my blood pressure seemed OK. It was something like 131/78 or something of the sort. Still high for me, but in the passable range. I know if I go above 140 they get worried and 160 is just straight to the ER kind of stuff. Discussed all of this with the doc today and was instructed to call them immediately next time that happens-no stopping off at the pharmacy. But today my blood pressure was a stunning 105/58. Go, ME! Later they checked it and it was a little higher, but still, somehow I pulled a good number today, so I think my pharmacy idea was a good one last night. And I am feeling hopeful that all is going to be just fine.

So, one more week for good measure and then anything beyond that is bonus for the babe. My mom informed me last night that she has packed her bag and it's in the car-so she is officially ON STAND-BY. Good woman. Now watch, I'll go 2 weeks past my due date!

So, no real big news. Status quo, really. S and I are spending a lot more time with the name book and our list though, just to be safe. Even scratched a few off last night---and then added a few new ones. : } And I finally have it through my thick head that I really do need to take it easy, real easy. I get it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there and stay off your feet! Really it does help at the end. Christmas decorations aren't happening at our house. No way...

CC said...

Hope your little turkey has a few more weeks to cook. I'll be thinking about you two.