


Well, we did it. We bought our tickets and will be leaving for Italy in two and 1/2 weeks!!
We have been wanting to take one last big trip together, just the two of us, so we found these GREAT tickets and decided, OK just take the plunge. We will rent a car and travel to Cinque Terre, Florence, and Venice. I've always wanted to visit Cinque Terre!! So, maybe we'll spend a week there and then split the second week between Florence and Venice. We like to go with a loose itinerary and then just see where it takes us. We are both pretty spontaneous and don't like to fuss about the minute travel details that can stress you out.
I always get a little nervous once we make the decision to go away; I HATE to fly, but it's a necessary evil to get to see the world.
Lots to do before we leave!!
The baby is moving so much all of the time. It still feels amazing and doesn't hurt at all or feel uncomfortable yet, so I am really loving being pregnant right now. I used to have such fear about what it would feel like for me to be pregnant given my severe endo. When I was in my pain cycle with endo, I would see pregnant women and it would make me nauseous. I know it seems irrational, but I was convinced it would be unbearable. I was terrified about what I would do if I couldn't take pain meds. I couldn't imagine anymore pain from the pressure they must be feeling, but I've only had some mild discomfort from the endo. I hope this pregnancy does help me out long term in the pain department. They say it can. Could I get that lucky??
OH! and S felt his first real kick on our anniversary, so that was fun for us! Thanks, Babe, for the anniversary present. Awful sweet of ya. ; )
Our house is almost all painted now. It looks great! I love the way I feel when I see our little charming home now, our cozy little spot. I can't wait to share our life with our little one! My fears are getting less and less, and I find myself feeling excited more and more about becoming parents. Don't get me wrong, I still get that roller coaster belly now and again when I think about the magnitude of the major change that we will face, but soon I feel the joy overtake the fear and find myself more confident about how we will work through this together.
4 comments:
hi! thanks for stopping by!
my husband and i did this EXACT same itinerary for our honeymoon. it was INCREDIBLE. you are going to love your trip!
so glad you are enjoying the baby's movements. it is pretty incredible, isn't it?
It will be an amazing trip! And I am sure you will get loads of positive attention while in Italy, as a visibly pregnant woman. I have heard that is the best European country to visit with a very young baby, and I can't even walk down the street in our city's Italian neighborhood without drawing lots of indulgent smiles.
How fun!
well, if you want to stay just outside of florence (20-30 minute walk to the city center) in a gorgeous little hilltop town, check out:
http://www.villapoggiosanfelice.com/
it was the most delightful place we stayed in italy! the other places we stayed were largely forgettable!
don't forget to shop for leather goods in florence! an interesting place to get unique leather products is the leather school:
http://www.scuoladelcuoio.com/scuola-del-cuoio-about-us.html
you can even take a leather making class there!
oh, you are going to have SUCH a magnificent time whatever you do!
The trip sounds amazing! We spent a semester in Greece that included travel to Italy and would love to go back. Unfortunately, it looks like we let our "last big trip" slip away. I'm hitting the end of my second trimester soon--still loving being pregnant.
Post a Comment