Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Due date guarantees

Exactly 7 days-one week- until my due date. I know that does not necessarily mean that I will have my baby on the 20th, however, there are a few things that will happen on the 20th that I can look forward to no matter what. The first has me very excited. President-elect Barack Obama will be inaugurated, no matter what, whether I am giving birth or not, whether I am begging for an epidural or sitting right here at my desk. It will happen and that's definitely something to look forward to. Second of all, it is Martin Luther King's birthday-always a reason to celebrate-enough said. And the last thing, our doula had made a suggestion about a month ago, she told S and I to have a back up plan in case the day came and went without us having a baby in our arms. She said the date will always be special to us, and that it can be very depressing for mom-to-be to still be a mom-to-be at the end of that day, so plan something special to do as a couple. S took her advice and has reservations at an undisclosed location for us. So, if the day does come and go, and we haven't met this baby, yet, we will still have a great day, one that won't just involve me tapping my toe.

NST update from yesterday- no major change. Baby still having decels-3 into the 70's and 80's, but good movement and recovery so we march onward...next NST on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great suggestion from your doula! I was excited to go into labor just 2 days after Election Day -- we have some great clippings and souvenirs for the girls' baby books.

I'm impressed that your baby has held out this long, after a roller coaster of a pregnancy. What a strong kiddo!

jill said...

Hi there.

My name is also Jill. I happened upon your blog today and saw your pregnancy count-down titled with "Jill's Baby". I liked seeing that and, knowing this was an IF blog, I lingered. I read your entire blog and am touched by your journey. I now have a bit more hope then I did this morning.

I wanted to wish you a very belated Congratulations and lots of luck with your upcoming *birth*day. I will defnitely be stopping by again to see how it turns out.

Sincerely,
jill