Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Surreal

Our morning went very well. I really don't know if I have he words to express all of the emotions I felt this morning when the grouchy ultrasound nurse (we did get her to smile eventually) placed the very warm jelly on my belly, and suddenly before our very eyes a little tiny being appeared all wiggly. What a difference 3 weeks makes! This was no blob, no, no, now we get to peek at a little person, flailing around, and I'm not kidding, he looked just like S. I know that sounds crazy, but I told him that I thought it looked just like him and he laughed and said, I was thinking the same thing. Is that possible??

The whole thing seemed unbelievable to me. Miraculous. I can't really describe how I felt this time. It was different, more real, more incredible. I just don't believe this is us.

We have another ultrasound in 2 weeks to do some screening. I really liked this new OB. I had some problems with the office staff at the other office one this week so I made the decision to switch and feel good about that decision. This doctor was relaxed and not rushed at all. I felt like I could think through any questions and not feel like she was talking over me.

I'll post a pic later. Gotta go for now.

1 comment:

Joonie said...

That is wonderful news! I can't wait to see the picture.