Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Patience is a virtue-that I do not possess

I did get in touch with my nurse, the one that called me with the initial bad news and who, then, over the next 48 hours spent a total of about 6 hours on the phone with me. She was very willing to call over to the lab for me today, but the results are not in. I knew I would've heard something if they were, but again, I am not a patient person by nature. Another week, she said, at least.

I've really done pretty well up until now. But, now? Now I am crumbling. What kind of crazy distractions can I come up with until next week? Any ideas?

1 comment:

Joonie said...

I have no words of wisdom for you. I'm terrible at waiting and don't know how to make the time go faster.

However, I am very impressed with the way you handled your friend though. I don't know if I would have been as graceful, I would have blown up at her (like I did at an ex-infertile-turned fertile- friend).

Anyway, just know that I'm thinking of you and hoping and praying for some good news for you. Damn it! You deserve better than this!