We had a fantastic weekend. S and I had a lovely date night on Friday night-went to a new winery (don't worry, I didn't drink). S did a wine tasting and then we bought some cheese and crackers and sat outside under a beautiful summer sky that was highlighted by a gorgeous sunset that let to a full moon rise. There was live music that filled in the spaces and cozy fires burning in stone hearths around the grounds. We sat cozied up and felt lucky to be outside taking it all in with each other.
Saturday we attended a funeral of an exceptional 90 year old woman. IT was sad, yes, but also inspiring to celebrate a life well lived. At one point there was a standing ovation to her for just that. The church was full of people of all ages. She touched so many peoples' lives and we were lucky enough to be 2 of them.
We then went home after running some errands and worked on our house and finished up some projects outside. We had a dear friend over for dinner and cake and ice cream, of course, to celebrate his 61st birthday. Sunday we woke up, had a lovely row on our lake and were greeted by my mom and niece as we came into the dock. We did a little shopping for my niece and then went boating and swimming together. My niece wanted to try kayaking, so we taught her how, and she was off! She did a great job! IT was such fun having them there with us. My mom hasn't been for a visit for months, and little E has never been to our house, so it was fun to show them all the progress and explore the park together. We lured them in with dinner to get them to stay a little longer, but couldn't quite convince them to spend the night. (well, my mom, anyway E was all over the idea of staying as long as she could.)
It was so enjoyable. It wasn't filled with angst or worry. It wasn't filled with longing or fear. Instead, it was full of love and appreciation for all we have in our lives. A perfect couple of days.
..........
On the baby front, I feel like my stomach doubled in size this weekend. It's a strange thing to watch your body being transformed. Some days I find it a little terrifying, while other times I am full of wonderment and joy. It is a transformation, for sure. One that has you questioning everything about your life, the future of your relationship, your identity. An amazing process, really. I wish I could talk to the me on the other side right now. I know I would have so much advice for myself. I just wonder what it all would be. It won't be long before I meet her. The me that will be a mother. It is such an exciting mix of emotions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"The me that will be a mother" -- what a nice idea. : )
It's unbelievable. I never thought it would come to be a reality. : ) Still 154 days to go...
Post a Comment