Monday, April 28, 2008

Almost there

Tuesday is the big day. Tomorrow. I can't believe we made it. On Sunday we made another trip back to the hospital. My E2 shot up to 1875, most of my eggs were around 18.5cm, a few others 22 and 24, and a few still smaller at 11-14. We triggered last night at 11:00.

Sean has been amazing. It's like a light went off. I couldn't ask for more support or understanding from him. I am so thankful that he heard me and realized how important his role is.

I was unbelievably exhausted on Saturday, I could barely keep my eyes open. I took 2 naps. 2. 3 if you count me nodding off in the car. That never happens. 1 never happens. Somehow yesterday I summoned more energy and I made it through the early trip to the hospital, and then a 2 hour drive to my mom's retirement party and then a return drive home. It was great to spend time with my family yesterday. We made it home with 15 minutes to spare before the trigger shot.

I'm cautiously hopeful. But, hell, haven't I earned the right to be a little hopeful right now? 2 days of hope. I hope my eggs fertilize. That's the first big hurdle. I hope we don't have any genetic issues and that my eggs are viable. Then, no matter what, there's hope to continue, whatever the outcome.

2 comments:

Joonie said...

Good luck, I'm pulling for you!

2roads said...

Thanks, Joonie!!