Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sit. Stay. Stop, Drop, and Roll!!

On Saturday, Sean and I were enjoying a nice breakfast. French toast, coffee, and the morning light, when all of a sudden we smelled something burning. We both stood up and wandered around the house following our noses trying to figure out what was on fire. From different rooms we would look back at each other and make reports, Nothing here, shrug our shoulders and keep looking. The smell had us back in the dining room where we first smelled the burn, but we could not determine its origin.
We tried not too worry that our house was on fire and continued our day.
Later on, while on a long hike with the dogs, I finally figured it out. I exclaimed with certainty, Well, I now know what was on fire earlier, Honey. I pointed at my dear dog Jack. His entire back quarter and side of his tail was a bright sienna burnt orange color, normally black. You see, Jack loves heat as much as I do and he always cozy-ups to the cast iron stove. We are always shooing him away, but this morning, we must have been enjoying the french toast too much to realize it was our dog that was on fire and not the house.
Talk about a hot dog. Ok, you knew that was coming.

No comments: