Thursday, May 29, 2008

Back to waiting

What a getaway! We were spoiled and pampered and I loved every minute of it. We did all the things I said we would: took a 5 hour canoe trip complete with picnic, did a 45 mile bike ride ( a bit too much, probably, but good), saw the play "Harvey", went to a radio show that was Garrison Keillor-esque, had amazing dinners and incredible breakfasts (for example, ginger pancakes with lemon sauce-all homemade and organic YUM!), we hiked and lollygagged, we shopped. Great trip. Good job S!

Just in time, too, as the nausea has started. I went out over lunch today and bought Sea Bands. Have you heard of these things? Sounds silly, but they treat nausea associated with motion sickness, and yes, morning sickness. They are these hokey little wrist bands with a ball of plastic that puts pressure on some pressure point. WIthin minutes I felt much better.

5 more days until the ultrasound. I really can't wait to know if this pregnancy is looking healthy or not. I'm ready to be excited about all of this and want some reassurance that we are where we need to be. Our clinic only does the 2 beta tests and that's it. Long wait until the 7 week scan. We're almost there, though. Sean's mom called last night thinking this was the week we would know. She was really sweet and supportive.

I can't believe how big my belly still is from the enlarged ovaries. I don't have as much discomfort and pain as I did before, which I hope is OK.I'm running out of pants and over the weekend I wore the maternity capris I had stashed away. All my capris and shorts form last summer, a complete no go. So glad I had shopped already. I'm up 5 times a night now to use the restroom and find myself really exhausted all day. The evening walks seem to help a great deal, even though it's the last ting I want to go do, once I do it I feel loads better.

That's it for this update.

2 comments:

Joonie said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. That's great! I, myself am on pins and needles and can hardly contain myself. Tomorrow's my beta test. I am going crazy.

2roads said...

I keep checking your blog for an update and have to remind myself to wait. Today is the day. Good luck, Joonie. I'm hoping with all my might that it's great news!