I saw 2 lines! And the digital stick actually said PREGNANT! I'm still dazed and stunned and so happy and grateful!
Here's the story:
I had done just the digi test on Saturday, it was negative. I was sure it was all over. Sean and I worked in the yard all day.I probably did more than I should have, but I kept saying in my head, "I'm not pregnant." Then on Sunday, Mother's Day, I finally made made myself get out of bed and go down and take the dreadful test. I knew there should be a stronger line today or this may not be happening for us this time. I did both tests again. While the digi test sat flashing while I waited I watched the line test. IT looked just like the others, very, very faint shadow-can-only-see-it-if-your-desperate of a line looked back at me. My heart sank. I closed my eyes while they filed with tears and then I looked again-and there was a darker line. A much darker line. I wasn't sure because my eyes were blurry from the tears. I wiped them away and turned around to look at the digi test on the counter and there was the word, PREGNANT, looking right back at me. I shook my head in disbelief and now started crying all over again. Sean was just outside the bathroom, totally out of the loop on all of my closet testing. I thought about all of the million times over the ways I wanted to surprise him one day when we finally found out, but I started shaking and bouncing on my toes, and I just couldn't hold it in. I went out to the family room, sat on his lap, pushed his shoulders back against the back of the couch and just looked at him, he says, for what felt like eternity. He thought I was going to tell him I got my period and was trying to temper his disappointment and summon the strength to support me. I finally said, Honey, I'm pregnant." My eyes spilling tears down my cheeks. He didn't hear me completely at first, the good news not quite getting all the way past the bad news gate. "What?" he asked. "I'm pregnant, I just tested." He grabbed me and held me and the 2 of us sobbed together.
We crossed another hurdle, and we both know how fragile this all is, but we will celebrate this success and hold it close to hearts and continue to wait out the process. My beta is Wednesday and we hope for a good number.
Can you believe it??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment