Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Two thumbs up!

Last night at my acupuncture appointment I had all of these amazing snapshots run through my mind like a "This is your life" episode. I was trying to visualize the embryo implanting. So, there I was deep within my womb rooting on our little guy at the cellular level, then something happened, suddenly I saw him being born, completely from my perspective, then quickly the scene shifted. I saw him as a young toddler sitting in front of me in the afternoon light. All I could see was a little more than the side of his face, he was looking over his left shoulder back at me, his hair the color of Sean's with a beautiful rim light. Next, he was older, doing something silly, I can't even remember what, but I do remember the feeling of joy I had bursting from my chest watching him. Again, fast forward to his high school graduation. I was filled with pride and I looked to my left and an older, yet still very handsome, Sean beamed a knowing smile back at me, and that scene turned into he and I in his college dorm room getting him settled in. Next came the last scene. I almost saw him at his wedding, it was fuzzy. Then it all stopped just as quickly as the fast paced movie had begun.I was alone with a bunch of needles sticking out of me in a very drab room with some kind of Gregorian chant music playing in the background. It was strange. I wasn't dreaming, but it sure felt like a dream, or really more like a home video. I don't know. The whole thing made me cry, of course.

Later that night, Sean and I were dividing and relocating some hostas in the yard and he said, "Come here. You have something here." He reached up and lovingly smudged off the trail from my earlier tears. "Hmm, you have one on this side, too." He smudged the other side, then looked at me, "Were you crying?" I told him the whole matinee I had seen at my appointment. His ocean blue eyes welled up with tears and he reached out and held me.

Someone please tell me it's way too soon to POAS. I'm only 3dpt5dt.

No comments: