Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I probably shouldn't have

But, I couldn't help it. Our entire city is in dire straits due to flooding. Here at work a call went out saying we would get paid to sandbag and help our community. I couldn't just sit around and not help out.

Our own house is not threatened by the high water, although some around us are. The road to our home is in danger of flooding which means that about 40 households will only be able to get and from our houses by boat. Egads.

So many homes are already past helping and now those people are just trying to save what they can out them. It's so sad to watch. This will be the worst flood here in history. Unimaginable.

2 comments:

Joonie said...

I applaud your compassion. You are wonderful!

Joonie said...

Have you gone silent on us? I miss you, please come back.