
Last night we went out for our row later than we should have. We hemmed and hawd about it, and then as soon as we decided on a yes, we ran down our oars to the dock as fast as we could, begging the light to linger.
The still water was black like ink. I felt a bit like a genie rowing in a bottle. You could see the perfect puddles push past the boat, its rim highlighted by the remaining glow of the day. I imagined myself a pen, my oars leaving the thoughts of the day written in an artistic calligraphy atop the glass lake.
I can still see the beauty.
...
Went to doc yesterday as I started leaking a lot of watery fluid. They wanted to make sure it wasn't amniotic fluid-and it wasn't. Everything continues to move along in the right direction. Our big 20 week ultrasound is next Wednesday.
Yesterday while I sat at my computer, I placed my headphones on my belly and played some of my favorite music. Our little one started moving and became quite active. I imagine a little dancing going on on my cervical floor.
S was given a book by a friend meant to read to the baby in utero and he finally did so last night. It was really touching. He put his mouth right up against my stomach and mumbled into my shirt. I wanted to laugh, thinking to myself, if it sounds that muffle-y out here, I can only imagine what version is making it to the babe, but I was so touched by how passionately he was reading that I let the laughter stay with me.
2 comments:
It's so fun to think about the communication that's already going on between us and our babies (and baby and dads too). Looks like a cute book.
Great pic!
The twins are definitely picking up on music played on my computer near my belly (without headphones). If I play rap or club music, they are especially responsive. Baby Mozart it isn't, but it sure is fun to play with them. : )
Good luck at the 20-wk u/s.
Post a Comment